Founder & CEO, GoDigital Media Group
Jason Peterson Bio
Jason Peterson is an entrepreneur, attorney and producer with 22 years of experience named as one of the “Top 50 Indie,” “Top 40 under 40” and “Top Latin” Power Players in music by Billboard, “Top 40 under 40” in home entertainment by Media Play News and as one of the “Top 30 entrepreneurs under 30” by Los Angeles Business Journal.
Jason is the founder, owner and Chief Executive of GoDigital Media Group (godigital.com), a diversified multi-national holding company that owns nine operating businesses across three verticals in media IP rights management: music, video and brands.
Artists and repertoire Jason has worked with include Janet Jackson, T.I., Master P, Jason Derulo, Pitbull, Psy and Daddy Yankee. He has produced dozens of major music videos that have won “Video of the Year” at the Gospel Music Awards, MTV Latin Video Music Awards as well as “Best Directorial Debut” at the MVPA awards. Most recently he co-produced the video for Janet Jackson and Daddy Yankee’s “Made for Now.”
He currently or previously has provided leadership to the following boards and committees:
• American Association of Independent Music (A2iM): the trade group for American independent labels
• Association of Volleyball Professionals (the AVP): was a founding member of the Executive Advisory Board to the national professional sports league for beach volleyball
• City of Hope Hospital: Music, Film & Entertainment Board, which has raised over $130M for cancer research since 2000
• MERLIN: the global collective bargaining organization for independent labels that represents 15% of the global market for recorded music, roughly the size of Warner Music Group
• OTT.x (formerly the Entertainment Merchants Association): representing the US home entertainment industry with a focus on the over-the-top eco-system
• RD.x a joint venture between IFPI, WIN and PPL in the UK building a global repertoire database for music licensing collectives
• Stanford Disruptive Technologies Council: A part of the engineering school that collaborates with technology leaders around the world on the future of tech-enabled services
• The Recording Academy Government Advocacy Committee
• USC Business Cinematic-Arts Program Advisory Board responsible for career development and curriculum feedback
• World Independent Network (WIN): representing and advocating for the global independent recorded music community
The foundation for Jason’s work is a license to practice law, a Juris Doctorate from Pepperdine University, and a business degree with an emphasis in Cinema-Television from the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business honors program.