top of page
AI: Opportunity or Apocalypse?
Tuesday, October 10, 2023, 1:00 PM
Albhy Galuten, Senior Fellow, Intertrust Technologies
Albhy Galuten (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albhy_Galuten), Martin Clancy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Clancy), and others will discuss the opportunities and the challenges associated with Artificial Intelligence in the music ecosystem. Is it just another invention like the synthesizer or electric guitar or is it the end of life (and income) as we know it for musicians and writers?
Some areas to be covered include:
• AI generated voices including copying famous voices, living or dead
• Who gets paid? Compensation to musicians and writers for training from their songs
• Automated Stem Separation (automated Karaoke/music minus 1)
• Limiting Training Sets, can you learn from my song without my permission?
• AI Songwriting tools
• Finding Songs for Sync licenses from impossibly large catalogs
• AI Production, Mixing, and Mastering tools
• Adding transparency around who created and performed the song
• Who owns the copyright?
• Is AI creative?
bottom of page